Monday, July 12, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

The primary reason for this thing is to discuss mental illness...hence the title.

After almost a decade of living with bipolar disorder, I'm "coming out of the closet" as it were. Oh there are people who know that I have it, but not one of those people REALLY knows what I go through. I've never had the courage to tell anyone; always afraid that they'd think I was "dumping" on them or worse, that I was being an attention seeker.

I've created this thing to try and express through creative writing (both fiction and non-fiction) exactly what it is like living with this disease. I am hoping that this blog will become both a vehicle for education and a place where I can "shout from the rooftops" some stuff that I've wanted to shout for years. Of course it is entirely possible that it will become a forum for mastabatory crap...but what the hell...it's my blog.

Are you seated comfortably? Then we'll begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment